Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Larry wrote:
>>
>> Can I blacklist a domain but make an exception for one person in that
>> domain?
>>
>> Like;
>> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> with the exception of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED] won't blacklist [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Now blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED] will blacklist [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> If you want to exclude [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the blacklist, you'd just
> need to whitelist_from him:
>
> blacklist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Of course I think this is an incredibly horrible, and anti-social, idea.
>  More related to SpamAssassin, though, the chances of getting any help
> from Matt Kettler are slim to none, if you were to blacklist him.

True.. (My alternate posting address is [EMAIL PROTECTED])

This would not only irritate me, but in the event I did help you, you'd run the
risk of deleting my help without reading it because it got spam tagged.

Thats the fundamental problem with ISP-wide blacklists.

You need to make SURE you'll never want to talk to someone from that domain.
This more-or-less precludes your use of ANY public mailing list, because anyone,
including your blacklisted ISP, may be using that ISP and be on the list.

blacklist_from is much more severe about this than any other method, because it
WILL blacklist mail that is posted onto mailing lists.