Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I'm using SpamAssassin 3.0.4 with local Bayesian filtering, Vipul's Razor,
and several daily-updated SARE rulesets [1].  Nonetheless, there's one
particular kind of spam lately that always seems to slip through; it
consists of a bunch of random words plus a graphic attachment.  The
graphic is usually a page of text advertising something -- almost always a
stock, though I've had a few penis-enlargement product ads.  See
<http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~miller/tmp/stock_spam.txt> for some examples
(mbox format).
Does anyone have a filterset or other recommended settings that will block
this kind of spam?

Regards,
Tristan

[1] SARE rulesets: SARE_REDIRECT_POST300 SARE_EVILNUMBERS0
SARE_EVILNUMBERS1 SARE_EVILNUMBERS2 SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_HTML
SARE_HEADER SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_ADULT SARE_BML SARE_FRAUD SARE_SPOOF
SARE_RANDOM SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200 SARE_OEM SARE_GENLSUBJ SARE_HIGHRISK
SARE_UNSUB SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1 SARE_URI2 SARE_WHITELIST SARE_OBFU

Unless I'm missing seeing it you're not using SARE_STOCKS which does catch these image type spams.

--

 -Doc

 SA/SARE -- Ninja
   4:12pm  up 73 days, 12:32, 18 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.84, 0.75

 SARE HQ  http://www.rulesemporium.com/