John D. Hardin wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Philip Prindeville wrote:

How do I filter based on the recipient mailbox address?  For instance, I'm
running Linux, so if I get email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
then I know they're bogus...

And can probably block it, even if some of the recipients are valid email
addresses.

Block *all* mail to a given user?

/etc/aliases:

  bogus_user:   /dev/null

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A good choice... and another way to accomplish the task (assuming sendmail, I'm not sure about other MTAs):

/etc/mail/access

  bogus_user    ERROR "550 Go away - you are not welcome here"
or
  bogus_user    REJECT           (acknowledge & reject message)
or
  bogus_user    DISCARD          (drops message)

also see:
http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html  (at page bottom)
http://www.seifried.org/security/os/linux/redhat/20011031-rh72-sendmail.html
(at page bottom)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sendmail.html
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html
http://www2.yo-linux.com/cgi-bin/mail-access      (use at own risk)

...you get the idea.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign