On Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 19:34 Bowie Bailey wrote:
> I think the real question is: "Is there a benefit to doing this?"

I had an idea of a *really big* benefit:

If SA checks the sig, and inserts into the header whether it's valid or
not, even clients *without* any GPG installation can have a check if
the message is
a) really from that sender
b) unmodified

That alone would be enough reason for me to activate such a plugin, even
as a server hoster. A filter in the client for wrong sigs is easy to
do.

Regarding CPU time: that's quite cheap nowadays, I'm running an old
AMD1700 with lots of other stuff apart SA, and even with 50GB traffic a
day the CPU is quite bored. Should there be a CPU problem I'd just
replace it, that's no big deal.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660/4156531                          .network.your.ideas.
// PGP Key:   "lynx -source http://zmi.at/zmi3.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 44A3 C1EC B71E C71A B4C2  9AA6 C818 847C 55CB A4EE
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x55CBA4EE