From: "Ask List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We can not seem to come to an agreement on the best operating system to run
spam assassin. So we have decided to post this question to the mailing list
so we can have other opinions. I realize everyone will have a different
opinion on the subject and some will have none at all, linux is linux and
unix is unix. So I would like to hear users experiences using different
operating systems. Pros/Cons/Problems/Headaches/etc. The operating systems
I'm most interested in are Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Slackware, FreeBSDs, and
OpenSolaris.

<< jdow >> Pick your poison and go with it. Don't pick the OS to fit
SpamAssassin unless XP is on the list. SpamAssassin can run on windows.
Evidence suggests it's a pain to setup.

If you have a recent perl on the OS then you can run SA. It'll even
have a pretty good chance of working if you have a network connected, too.

{^_^}