Owen Mehegan wrote:
To make it easier for my users to train my server's Bayes database, I set up a user with the following procmail recipe in its .procmailrc:

:0
* < 256000

   {
   :0c: spamassassin.spamlock
   | sa-learn --spam

   :0: spamassassin.filelock
   spam
   }

The idea is for people to redirect (not forward) uncaught spam to that address and have it added to our Bayes system. I suppose I could also --report those messages to the various reporting systems. Will this work, or are there pitfalls I haven't thought of?

- you are trusting your users to make the right decision. The problem is that different people have different opinions of what is spam and what is not. Things get even worst if one user isn't honest...

- you must protect this address from getting mail from untrusted sources (from outside for example). otherwise, anyone can pollute your bayes.

- how about reporting false positives?