Dan wrote:
> Thanks Matt,
>
> That certainly would explain my problem.  The entry is listed near the
> bottom of this page:
>
> http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/resources/how_to/email/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
>

> Checking Google, its the only page in the world saying "meta
> SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME regular expression."  Its not clear which version
> this relates to.
>
> Back to the drawing board...

Yeah, I just checked the latest SVN snapshot, it doesn't have this either.

Looking closer at that page, it also mentions required_hits, but does
not mention it as deprecated. required_hits became deprecated in SA 3.0.0.

It also doesn't mention report_safe, which was present in the release of
SA 2.60

However it does mention the use of arithmetic meta's, which were new in
SA 2.50.

My only guess is that page is built from some kind of SVN build of a
pre-release version of SA 2.50. They may have been intending to add
regex support, and then backed it out when it caused problems.