So, no one is going to tackle this one?
Must be too easy for y'all to answer. ;-)
(a little friday humor)

Brian

Subject: Rewriting header fields help please
From:    "Brian S. Meehan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:    Wed, April 19, 2006 12:09
To:      "list_spamassassin" <users@spamassassin.apache.org>

Hi,
There's the option "rewrite_header Subject" in the local.cf file, however,
I've been observing when looking through the spam folder that sorting by
subject is more helpful when looking for incorrectly caught emails since
many emails often have the same subject and different from fields,
including the display name and the email address.
Upon seeing that, I decided it might be more beneficial and easier to read
if the From display name were to be rewritten so I changed it to:

rewrite_header From  ***SPAM(_SCORE_)***

While this works, it only works when there is no display name:
examples:
header field from email in spamfolder that shows "Gary A. Gray":
From: (***SPAM[36.1]***) "Gary A. Gray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

header field from email in spamfolder that shows "***SPAM[36.1]***":
From: (***SPAM[36.1]***) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The difference is obviously the quoted name. I tried using:
rewrite_header From  "***SPAM(_SCORE_)***
(note the quotation before the asterisks)
but that didn't yield different results nor did using an ending quotation.

On ones that work, it shows up while reading the email as:
From:   "***SPAM[36.1]***" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Is there any way I can rewrite the From field to display the spam score
while keeping the sending email address as in the one that works just
above?

Thanks,
Brian