Tracey Gates wrote:
> I checked and did find 2 spamd files.  One was in /usr/bin with the
> latest install date.  The other one was in /etc/rc.d/init.d with the
> older install date.

ACCKKKKK!!!!!!!!

/etc/rc.d/init.d is your INIT SCRIPTS! It should NEVER contain binaries or
ordinary programs. Just the init scripts that start anything that needs to run
as a daemon.

Restore the original /etc/rc.d/init.d file. It is NOT the same as the spamd file
from /usr/bin.. It's not even close to the same. (take a look, the init one
should be a shell script, the /usr/bin one should be a perl program)