On Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 11:08:23 AM, Matt Kettler wrote:
> It looks like tinyurl is now being abused by spammers the same way geocities
> was. I just got a porn spam using it.

> The tiny URL resolves to:

> http://cover5.adultfriendfinder*MUNGED*.com/go/p239909.subyahtiny

> Which returns a HTML document pulling images and CSS from urls all at this
> site:

> http://graphics.pop6*MUNGED*.com/images/ffadult/outsource/beta2/

> At casual glance it Looks like AFF is trying to outsource some of their
> marketing and used a spammer, pop6.

> However, Note that adultfriendfinder*MUNGED*.com and pop6*MUNGED*.com are both
> registered at the same address, just different suites, and pop6's NS records
> point

> None of the domains appear to be listed in SURBL or URIBL.com, and I can't
> find
> an active SBL or SPEWS on any of them.

TinyURL uses SURBLs to deny services to spammers:

  http://www.surbl.org/redirect.html

but adultfriendfinder is not blacklisted on SURBLs since it
arguably may have some legitimate uses.

If adultfriendfinder is being used in spam, the place to report
the abuse is probably adultfriendfinder.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]