Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Dienstag, 9. Mai 2006 23:32 Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > And as an additional data point, I found this for one of our
> > internal users who has never done any manual training:
> > RANK    RULE NAME     COUNT %OFRULES %OFMAIL %OFSPAM  %OFHAM
> >    1    BAYES_99        373     6.76   78.20   95.64    0.00
> >    1    BAYES_00         73    20.51   15.30    0.00   83.91
>
> It at least looks as if he didn't feed "wrong" messages. Is bayes auto
> learn set?

Yes, this user is set with all the default options for Bayes learning
and a spam threshold of 5.0.  The entire Bayes database was created
via autolearn for this user.

It seems to me that Bayes is highly sensitive to the types of ham and
spam that each user gets.  This user has a near perfect Bayes
database created with autolearn.  No false positives or negatives and
95% of spam hit by BAYES_99.  My account, on the other hand, has a few
false positives and only a 66% spam hit rate despite aggressive manual
training.

--
Bowie