On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:47:40PM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Philip Mak wrote:
> > Why does ALL_TRUSTED have a score of -3.3? Doesn't this mean that any
> > spammer who connects directly to my mail server has a good chance of
> > getting past SpamAssassin?
>
> That should not happen on a properly working SA setup. Odds are very
> good you've got a NATed mailserver, resulting in the Trust Path
> gueser to fail. You'll have to declare trusted_networks manually to
> fix it.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

Odd---my mail server has a real IP address and is not behind NAT.

Well, I'm trying this for now in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf:

internal_networks 72.232.51.2
trusted_networks 72.232.51.2 207.44.196.47

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:45:38PM -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Philip Mak wrote:
> > SpamAssassin version 3.0.3
> >   running on Perl version 5.8.4
>
> Upgrade to 3.1.1 if possible.

When I type "apt-get install spamassassin", it says that SpamAssassin
is already the latest version, so I guess the Debian packages only
have 3.0.3. I'm afraid of installing SpamAssassin manually since I
don't know if that will confuse apt-get in the future...