-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Menschel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:22 AM
To: James E. Pratt
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re[2]: problem with using SARE rules, names longer than 22
chars

Hello James,

JEP> I had the same probllem with sa 3.000004

JEP> Anyhow, i solved it by changing the trusted ruleset entry
JEP> "SARE_HEADER_0" to "SARE_HEADER_X31" as advised on
rulesemporium.com,
JEP> and all works fine now.

Either you misread the web page, or we really weren't clear about
that.

If you use any of the HEADER rules at all, you should be using
HEADER0.  HEADER0 is designed to hit spam and only spam -- never hit
any ham (a single ham hit removes the rule from that file).

Header X31 contains those rules which have been incorporated into SA
3.1.x; if you're on 3.0, then you ALSO want header X31, but you should
not be removing Header0.

The invalid (overly long) rule name lint error has been fixed.

Bob Menschel

Thanks Bob - I didn't actually remove the ruleset file 0 itself, so I
understood that part ok - I just took it out of rules_du_jour config
file (because of the errors) - I'll add it back and try again now - (I'm
upgrading/replacing the relay with a new install of SA latest soon,
so....)

Also,,, HUGE Thanks to all of you SARE Ninjas!! :)

Regards,
Jamie