Title: RE: Proposal: First URI black list, how about email address black lists?

Chris Santerre wrote:

We have a hard enough time with tons of new domains in URIBL. Those cost money and IMHO a bit more steps to go thru to setup then an email address. I can't imagine trying to keep up with it. They would expire within hours.

Remember we're not talking about the From address but the address within the message that they want you to reply to. That address isn't going to expire very fast because that's how the spammer gets the money. I would say however that these email addresses could be expired over a few weeks perhaps.

I also think that these lists could be used for a check of outgoing email to see of people (suckers) are responding and to perhaps intercept the email and warn the sender that they are replying to a known scammer. Just a thought.