Nope, SA is installed systemwide.  I have the home foldier for the
install because the systemwide perl has to be kept at perl 5.05 for
Cobalt requirements, so I have an entire little subsystem for
spamassassin that uses Perl 5.8.3.

The spamd daemon runs as root.

Each child process runs as the user in question when it is processing a
message.

OK - I did the --lint and it appears to load the updates dir.

One of my problems with it, though, is that the 10_misc.cf in the
updates dir doesn't have the proper @@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@.

--Will

> Will Nordmeyer wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 06:02:56 -0400:
>
> > When I restart spamd, does it look in that directory for the
updated rules
> > or do I have a step I'm missing to put the rules over into the
primary rules
> > folder
>
> It seems you have installed sa only for this user? It identified
a "local state
> dir", it should use it. You can check this by running spamassassin -
D --lint