Will Nordmeyer wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 10:02:27 -0400:

> The owner of the dir is root, and the directory mode is 775.

If you want all users be able to write to these files you will need a 6 at
the end.

> I ran spamassassin -D --lint and it still pulled the bayes db to
> be /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks & /root/

Hm, you didn't give that important information in your first posting! You
just said it wouldn't populate your intended path. *That* is a completely
different type of problem. If spamd and command line usage use different
Bayes settings (as it seems to be the case here) then you are using
different SA settings for spamassassin (command line) and spamd. If the
problem happens for both then none of them is using the local.cf that you
want them to use. You can easily check this by looking carefully at the
beginning of the -D output. To make it even more visible insert a "bloody
wrong" variable in that local.cf. If it really gets used (what I doubt)
then you should be made aware of that in the --lint output.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany