On 5/20/2006 11:44 PM, WFGB Team wrote:

[My Replies]
A) Since I am unsure what MSA is I did some checking up. How do I know if I am set up for MSA? I am using Smartermail. I am equally unsure of what MTA is. I know what the MX Records are sort of.

Looking at the headers of the email you sent me, you're using the same SMTP service for both incoming mail from other domains (your MX), for accepting mail from your user's MUAs (your MSA) and for sending mail to other sites (your MTA).

How do I know if I even have MSA clients?

Your very own MUA is a client to your MSA.

We have a dedicated server.
We only have about 10 email addresses on 1 domain name and they are all POP3 and SMTP.
We have 1 email address on another domain.
B) I read that page but it didn't make any sense to me. I can put the trusted network up but how do I know what everyone's IP addresses are or should I put our own mail server IP?
Trusted_networks 10.222.111/24

Since you're using the same SMTP service for everything you need to do one of the following (I'd look for help on some "Smartermail" mailing list):

- get your SMTP server software to include (RFC 3848) auth tokens in it's mail headers

- not scan (pipe through SpamAssassin) mail from authenticated users

Yes, you should include the IPs of your mail server in your config. Something like this is probably correct for your setup:

trusted_networks 127.0.0.1 209.200.82.144

Obviously if you're users are on dynamic IP space you can't include their IPs. This is where auth tokens, above, come in or not scanning their mail at all.

Daryl