Marc Perkel wrote:
So - if I wanted to set up my own RBL for others to query me, how would I do that? I'm seriously thinking about it. Alternatively, I can stream my spam to anyone else who is already doing it. I've modified my spam stream to exclude stuff already listed in several other popular block lists.

(Sorry for the late answer; long weekend).

I set one up using the following instructions:
http://www.kloth.net/internet/dnsbl-howto.php

The setup described uses bind instead of a dedicated dnsbl app. The only down side is it can create some large bind logs if you get a decent* amount of traffic.

Fun note:
One cool thing with using a dnsbl is that you can put "interesting" messages in the txt record that get passed back to the sender. Messages like: "While I too am a fan of Monty Python, and do enjoy the spam sketch, I don't enjoy spam, spam, email and spam. Goodbye."

*decent: more than a trickle and less than lots.

HTH

--
David Filion