I definitely did not see an approval request. And I can now confirm that there are some people who are trying to opt out of the list saying they did not subscribe. I already have sent postmaster but I am not optimistic.
Tom

Benny Pedersen wrote:
I have included the mailing in it's entirety below. Is this an old trick
I just have not seen or is this something new using mailman to send
spam. I assure you I neither signed up nor confirmed a submission for this mailing list. Is this just a
poorly configured mailman install? Tom

could be a mail forge that did go to the mailman, now you did see the requst to be added, just ignore it

but send the mail to the postmaster at that domain might help to solve it

It's either some weird kind of spam or a very strange list gone rogue.
I'm finding these mesages showing up in spamtraps that I've setup using
accounts that have been inactive for 10 or more years.

nice