On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:24:00 -0400, Theo Van Dinter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 11:16:13AM -0400, Patrick Sherrill wrote:
>> We run three sendmail servers all w/spamassassin amavis-new, clamav and
>> mcaffee.  We've been using sa-learn to add to the Bayesian database. Is
>> there a preferred method of synchronizing the Bayesian db among the three
>> servers?
>
>Generally you can't sync DBs between servers using the file methods.  You can
>switch to using one of the SQL back-ends (MySQL, etc,) and then access that DB
>from your servers.

If you find  way of load balancing the MySQL db's I'd be very
interested in hearing how. To date the only semi-viable option I've
seen is screwing with the DBI. We run 5 SA servers here and a single
MySQL db - which is still a point of contention since it's a potential
single point of failure.

Trialing load balanced MySQL has proven unworkable here. I'm still
very interested in fixing this single point failure.

KF

Nigel