Theo Van Dinter wrote:
On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 04:36:24PM -0400, Joe Flowers wrote:
Is there a way to set the required_score "on the fly" between each email message test?

You haven't stated what you're trying to do, but you could update the
user preference between spamassassin/spamc runs, depending on your
configuration.

Hey Theo! This is Joe Schmoe. I'm the one who doesn't use spamc nor spamd, but has a C program that calls spamassassin though Perl. The one with the floating spam/ham dividing line. This "dividing line" is calculated and updated by the C program on the fly after each message and is kept outside of and independent of SpamAssassin. I was thinking that if there was some way to move this dividing line back inside of SA that that might be a better, more effective integration.

For example, I was thinking that the bayes_auto_learn function would be more effective, assuming that the bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam and bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam values are not hard coded to an absolute frame but are kept relative to the required_score value.

There may very well be other metrics inside of SA that I am unaware of that are somehow a function of the required_score value, since that seems to be the key magic dividing line within SA.

I tried changing the required_score in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf but it is unsurprisingly not rescanned/reloaded between each message that is tested.

It's not terribly surprising imo.

I thought that's what I said. Did I put too many negatives in that sentence?

For my case, if there was just some one line text file that I could "#include <>" that held that value, it would work great for me.

Best,

Joe