Bowie Bailey wrote:
David O'Brien wrote:
Hello,

I am running SpamAssassin version 3.0.4-2.fc4, exim 4.62-1.fc4 &
dovecot 0.99.14-4.fc4
I have virtual users, with mail being stored in the directory format
/data/mail/domain.com/user/ So, the mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be stored in /data/mail/obrien.com/david/
I have tried setting the --virtual-config-dir option to
--virtual-config-dir=/data/mail/%d/%l so the user_prefs file would be
created in the correct location, however %d and %l do not seem to be
expanding to the domain and local part of the username.  I am getting
the following in my log file:
"Using default config for nobody: /data/mail///user_prefs"

I have seen this mentioned before, but have not seen a solution. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and what the solution is?

Are you providing the email address via spamc?

    spamc -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm trying to do the same thing that David is doing. I have spamd running with --config-virtual-dir=/mail/%d/mail/%l so it should expand to mail/detroitonline.com/mail/tom for any email being sent to me.

Within my directory I have a directory called ".spamassassin" and within that I have a user_prefs file. I have my score set to 2 while the global is set to 5.

Within exim I have spamc set to run as "spamc -u [EMAIL PROTECTED]" which does expand to [EMAIL PROTECTED] However I can't find the logfile that David refers to. Spamd start up, stops, etc all display with in my syslog as to any -D messages. So I have a couple questions..

1) Where do I find that entry at that David refers to?
2) Spam is being scanned but it's being scored out of 5 instead of 2 which means it's reading the global file and not my user file. 3) It is my understanding that spamc needs to run as a user on the machine, but if these are virtual accounts and don't exist on the machine how will spamc run everything? In Exim the user exim runs everything and all mail files and directories have to be set with exim as the user and group. 4) Am I doing this right? I've laid out my specs before and asked that but no ones said yes or no.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--

Tom Ray