From: L. Mark Stone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 8:44 PM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: For those who are considering a Barracuda Network Device server

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 11:41 -0600, qqqq wrote:
> | I pretty much at this time strictly use the Barracuda as a buffer to
> | 'tone' down traffic that would make our server drop to its knees. We
> | are in process of getting a firewall in place and when that happens,
> | the Barracuda will probably go bye..bye when I start building access
lists.

> That's exactly what mine was doing.  It allowed for me to run SA/SARE with
a less beefy box.

Our SonicWall PRO2040 firewall does RBL checking, which was a pleasant
surprise to us since that feature was not a decision criterium for us.

But, using the RBL feature has reduced the load on our Postfix/SA box
considerably--and for much less $$$ than a Barracuda.

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please delete it
and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.