On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:49:17PM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> >No, I was thinking of multipart/alternative where one of the
> >alternative streams is nothing but images. That doesn't strike me as
> >legitimate. Can anyone think of a scenario where images *are* a
> >legitimate alternative representation of text?

Sure, it's the same idea as having PDF as an alternate representation.  A
picture is worth a thousand words and all that.

However, with that said, the question/answer isn't actually telling
you anything useful in this situation.  You want to know whether or not
m/a parents w/ non-text children is a useful spam sign...

> Well, let's instrument it and see... run the spam v. ham numbers.

It's not bad (taking into account multipart/related children as well):

  1.909   2.3080   0.0000    1.000   1.00    0.01  T_MULTIPART_ALT_NON_TEXT

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I'd rather get it right than get it done on Tuesday."