John D. Hardin Wrote:

>"inline" is an HTML-format email with text and images interspersed.
>When the message is rendered the images will be embedded in the message
body text.

>"attached" is the images attached like any other type of file.
>
>I have had exactly one instance to use inline images in the last five
years.

Just a "For What It's Worth"...

Unfortunately, in our environment, "inline" images do get extensive use from
our users (College Students, Faculty).  Much of their email is for
entertainment value, and many email "jokes" make use of Inline images of a
variety of file types.  GIF and JPG are just two types, you will also see
PNG, BMP, etc.

So, while I don't condone the usage, it does get used by a large percentage
of "other" typical users.... Most of whom would not be too happy to have
their email flagged as spam soley because it contained an inline image.

Your network usage may vary....

Personally, I wish HTML/UU/MIME type message formats had never been
implemented!  ;-)