Alberto Iovino wrote:
Hi

[...]

the process start correctly but if I do the same with spamc
perl -T /usr/local/bin/spamc --syslog-socket=inet -d I get the following error *Unrecognized character \x7F at /usr/local/bin/spamc line 1*

Hello,

as I already explained in the perl bug report you filed, this is because spamc is not a Perl application, it is a binary which is directly executed by the kernel. At the bare minimum, you need to change the above line to

  /usr/local/bin/spamc --syslog-socket=inet -d

(that is, drop the 'perl -T' from the command).

Can you explain me why?

You are asking perl to execute a datafile it is unable to parse. People sometimes disparage Perl as being akin to line noise, but this is literally what you are trying to get perl to execute in this instance.

Try running 'perl /bin/ls'. You will see that it achieves about the same level of success.

Is there another valid option? Should I modify the Makefile.PL?
How can I do to make run this process?

Just run it directly.

Regards,
David

Regards
------------------------------------
Alberto Iovino
Sistemi Informatici
Chelab srl
Via Fratta 25
31023 Resana (TV)
mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tel 0423/717980
Fax 0423/715058

--
Much of the propaganda that passes for news in our own society is given to immobilising and pacifying people and diverting them from the idea that they can confront power. -- John Pilger