From: "Rick Macdougall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem on one of my spamd servers since upgrading to 3.1.3.

After awhile under heavy load, children are not exiting, ie the log show BBBIII, and eventually it's all BBBBBBBBBBBBB.

I've started hupping the server every night but I do not have the same problem on another server.

Server with the problem

Fedora core 4 diskless server
3 gigs of ram (never more than around 1 gig used, no swap)
auth-learn is off

Server without the problem

FreeBSD 4.8
1.5 gigs of ram (and swap)
auth-learn is enabled.

Both servers have exactly the same config except for the auto-learn and bayes/user prefs are stored in mysql on the FreeBSD server.

Anyone else seeing anything like this ?

I've not seen it but I have a hunch you are seeing a file locking
problem. I think there are notes in the documentation loaded with
SpamAssassin and on the WIKI related to file locking. You might find
your answer there.

{^_^}