Jack Gostl wrote:

> [...]

sa-update is part of the SpamAssassin 3.1 package.  See "man sa-update".

The string of commands executes sa-update. If it returns a non-error
result, indicating it downloaded something, then the new rules are
linted.  I do this to make sure that there's nothing broken in any of
the dozens of rules in my ruleset. If the ruleset is OK, then
spamassassin is restarted to pick up the new rules from sa-update.
--

  Steve