On Monday 17 July 2006 14:44, Geoff Soper took the opportunity to write:
> Someone else suggested I set up a bounce but I'm not actually sure how to
> do a proper bounce, would a simple procmailrc textual bounce do or does it
> need to be done at the MTA level?

Unless you have the Return-Path procmail won't work. If you do, or if you have
access to the MTA, you already have the information needed to unsubscribe
normally.

> I certainly don't know the knowledge and probably not the access to be
> fiddling with firewalls.

Asking your administrator to make sure that Return-Path: lines are added will
help with other issues in the future as well, so it's a good idea to do that.
I think (hope?) the firewall suggestion was more of a joke.

> Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to unsubscribe?

No. If you're actually subscribed as <geoff.(something)@alphaworks.co.uk> the
list admin can probably unsubscribe you in a second, but may be reluctant to
do so for pedagogic reasons, or lack time.

Look at the header of a mail from the list. See what addresses are mentioned
in the Received: and Delivered-To: lines, like in my case:

        by mail.lysator.liu.se (Postfix) with SMTP id 8D9DB200A1EB
        for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:34:38 +0200 (CEST)

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)