Stucki,

did you investigate auto-learning? This might let your system learn ham as well as spam. Works fine here (same situation - gateway server to a Lotus Notes system, no feedback loop possible)

As far as I recall, SA starts using its Bayes data only after having learned at least 200 ham and spam each. I guess this applies to per-user-databases as well, which in turn means many users will never (or late) accumulate enough data to use bayes effectively. I'd stick to a global DB....

If I was in your position, I'd try to switch over to a system like Maia Mailguard that keeps a copy of each mail in a database and users can confirm and/or correct the underlying SpamAssassin engine's decisions. This system uses a singel bayes DB....Works fine at a customer of ours that uses some weird proprietary document managing software

Hope my plugin works well....feedback off-list would be welcome

Dirk