On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 03:13:40PM -0400, Tom Ray wrote:
> >>Is it possible to have each user have their own 10_misc.cf or any of the
> >>other .cf files? Right now all are stored in /usr/share/spamassassin I'd
> >>like each user to have their own.
> >This is quite usual actually, that's what user_prefs are for.
> Well I'm still quite new to this. So I can shove that information into
> user_prefs or do I modify user_prefs to call on a directory?

You may want to read the documentation a bit. :)

But the short version is that (assuming you're not running in a site-wide
configuration) each user can set certain preferences in their
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file.  If you run "spamassassin --lint -D" you'll
see what files are being read in what order, but the short version is that
there are three places files are read from:

default rules dir, typically /usr/share/spamassassin
site/local rules dir, typically /etc/mail/spamassassin
user preferences file, typically ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

.pre files are read from the directories first to load plugins, etc.

.cf files are read from the directories and setup the rules and any site-wide
config options you want set.

user_prefs is read and allows the user to override certain options (typically
rule scores, required_score, whitelist/blacklist, etc.)

Hope this helps. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing..."