On Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:42, Marc Perkel took the opportunity to write:
> If any of my customers fail to get any email that they are supposed to
> get then that's not acceptable. It does happen and when it does - I fix
> it. Several of my customers forward email from other account to accounts
> that pass through my servers. So if I used SPF then I would lose email
> to these customers.

You lose mail when it disappears without trace (without bounce message). Under
no circumstance should an SPF hardfail cause that to happen (but the sender
may be a machine that doesn't know what to do with the bounce). Blocking
legitimate mail is bad, but not as bad as throwing it away.

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)