Stuart-

Not significant that I have noticed. We are running a dedicated spamassassin gateway
however.  It's only job is to process spam.  It is running dual Xeon
2.80GHz/2MB cache with 4GB of RAM over RAID5 with some scratch partitions
loaded in RAM.  We also run clamav, mimedefang, bayes out of mysql, and
milter-greylist on the same machine.

We process 15,000-30,000 emails a day on this machine.

One thing that could be improved would be to add which directory the plugin uses as scratch. I would put this over into my memory based mounts and that would at least lower the I/O overhead.

-Davin