On Wednesday 02 August 2006 16:33, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 August 2006 23:05, Anderson, Bill took the opportunity to
say:
> > I am seeing these lines in my debug logs:
> >
> > dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF-helo check
> > dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF check
> >
> > Does anyone know what spamassassin considers a "suitable relay for spf
> > use"?
>
> Yes, "first external relay, not first untrusted" (from a comment in
> SPF.pm). What this means is that the IP address and HELO string of the
> server that handed over the mail to your internal server(s) are what is
> checked. For it to work, you have to set trusted_networks and/or
> internal_networks correctly and your MXes have to add parseable Received:
> headers. If you post those we can help you out.
>
> > ***********************
> > CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
> > This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for those to which it
> > is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
> > confidential and prohibited from disclosure and unauthorized use under
> > applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
> > are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this
> > e-mail or the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited
> > by the sender. If you have received this transmission in error, please
> > return the material received to the sender and delete all copies from
> > your system.
>
> Aagh, blast it. http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

I need help also, I am seeing the same messages.

In /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
clear_internal_networks
trusted_networks        127.0.0.1 my.ip.adr
internal_networks       127.0.0.1
======================================
I performed the following test:
perl -MMail::SPF::Query -le 'print for Mail::SPF::Query->new(helo=>shift,
ipv4=>shift, sender=>shift)->result' ns.domain.net ip.add.res
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It returns:
none
SPF: domain of sender [EMAIL PROTECTED] does not designate mailers
host.domain.net: domain of [EMAIL PROTECTED] does not designate
permitted sender hosts
A SPF Check from the internet reports:
SPF lookup of sender [EMAIL PROTECTED] from IP my.ip.adr:

SPF string used: v=spf2 a ip4:my.ip.adr mx:smtpd.domain.net -all
exp=getlost.domain.net.

Processing SPF string: v=spf2 a ip4:my.ip.adr mx:smtpd.domain.net -all
exp=getlost.domain.net.
Testing 'a' on IP=my.ip.adr, target domain domain.net, CIDR 32, default=PASS.
No match.
Testing 'ip4:my.ip.adr' on IP=my.ip.adr, target domain my.ip.adr, CIDR 32,
default=PASS.  MATCH!
Testing 'mx:smtpd.domain.net' on IP=my.ip.adr, target domain smtpd.domain.net,
CIDR 32, default=PASS.
Testing 'all' on IP=my.ip.adr, target domain domain.net, CIDR 32,
default=FAIL.
Testing 'exp=getlost.domain.net' on IP=my.ip.adr, target domain domain.net,
CIDR 32, default=PASS.
Looking up TXT record for getlost.domain.net.
Got explanation: "Not authorized to send mail for the domain".

Result: PASS

What do I need to change?

Thanks