Arik -

I think the problem is one of understanding what is happening with the
.qmail + ifspamh processing.

The first line of .qmail invokes ifspamh with a copy of the email on stdin.
ifspamh then invokes spamassassin and, if spam, delivers to the designated
spam destination and exits 99 so the .qmail file does nothing more. If not
spam, it does not deliver (which means the spamassassin-modified email is
discarded) and exits 0. With an exit 0, the .qmail file then delivers the
unmodified email to the "good email" maildir.

So, only spam-designated emails end up with spamassassin headers. The good
emails effectively by-pass spamassassin.

A alternative approach is to hand off the email delivery to a mda like
procmail or mailfilter. These can then serially process 1st through spamc,
then through their own filtering language. Emails delivered through this
process will all have spamassassin-created headers, whether spam or not.

Hope this helps.

Ollie

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 12:41:48AM +0200, Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 18:29:04 +0200, Arik Funke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Nigel Frankcom wrote:

>>> On checking further that last post may not have any effect. Some
>>> setups are known to have their own way with headers. What setuo are
>>> you using?
>> I am using a clean install of spamassassin 3.1.4 from the spamassassin
>> website with rpmbuilt -tb spamassassin...tgz.
>
> Please respond on list with details of your mailserver, OS and any
> other software you use between mail & sa.

In addition to my earlier mail, the remaining info:

I am using FC4 with a self-built (with standard options) qmail based on
netqmail-1.05. Between the mailserver and spamassassin no other software
is used besides the ifspamh script by James Grinter
(http://www.gbnet.net/~jrg/qmail/ifspamh/)

Regards,
Arik

--