Logan Shaw wrote:
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, John D. Hardin wrote:
Could the image-size calculation stuff from the ImageInfo plugin be
merged into this?

I was envisioning all of those tests in a single plugin, with
configuration options to control whether or not the OCR itself (fuzzy
or not) takes place and whether the size analysis takes place and...

There are lots of analyses that can be made of images; should there be
multiple plugins, or should there be a more generic ImageAnalysis
plugin (that perhaps has its own support for plugins...)?

How many times do you want to do the image
extract/paste-together/convert processing for a given message?

Is there a way there could be one plugin to do the image
decoding and N plugins to do various forms of analysis?
That seems like the cleanest way.

Of course, this presupposes that all the different analysis
plugins need access to the same set of data.  And it presupposes
that one plugin can create data for another plugin to use.
I don't know that either of those is necessarily true.

Have you noticed how impressively short both of this plugins are? The only significant function they have in common is decoding the image attachments which is already handled by SA core modules. I'm assuming that SA only decodes an attachment once and reuses it for any plugin that needs it.