On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, John Rudd wrote:

> If someone does make a Registrar RBL and a Name Server RBL (both
> of which are good ideas), _PLEASE_ do something like this:
>
> a) have two lists for each RBL, one which has the above "kill the
> bystanders" point of view, and one which is much more conservative
> in its listing policies.

By listing policies I suppose you mean how offensive a registrar has
to be to be put on the list. Can anyone suggest guidelines to use to
make this decision?

> b) have an RBL which returns different values for different
> confidence levels.  Something like a percentage of known spammers
> are on that specific provider.  So, if a registrar is 60% spammers
> and 40% bystanders, it will return "60"... and I can choose to
> only block those who have a 99% or higher rating, or something.
> This would also, hopefully, allow SA to give different score
> values to different ratings.

127.0.0.1 ... 127.0.0.100 perhaps? How would a rule to score points
based on the returned IP look? Can/does SA cache the returned IP and
test it in multiple rules without making multiple DNS queries?

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]