Ok, more information here.

I found in spamd.log this line when the problem started:
Fri Sep 22 19:55:22 2006 [74581] warn: bayes: expire_old_tokens: child processing timeout at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 1082

which was followed by lots of these:
Fri Sep 22 19:55:52 2006 [74581] warn: bayes: cannot open bayes databases /usr/local/share/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_* R/W:
lock failed: File exists

In an attempt to find what's wrong I changed bayes_learn_to_journal to 1. It didn't help, but at least I got rid of the 'lock failed: File exist' error messages in spamd.log and bayes also keeps working. For the moment I have a script that checks for bayes.lock existance and kills the hogging process and removes the lock file. It runs every minute..

I have tried change lock_method to flock, problem still there (but with a new lock file name). I also tried a sa-learn --force-expire. It took about 30 sec to complete. It didn't solve my problem either.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Regards,
Andreas