Hi,

Over the last week, my machine (Fedora, SA 3.1.3, qmail,
qmail-scanner-queue.pl) has
been recieving a fair amount of junk mail which is not being tagged as spam; in
fact the
total scores are negative.

The messages are simply a random stream of words, with punctuation scattered in
them. No
HTML, no URLs being advertised, no excessive capitalisation, just meaningless
text. The
message headers are pretty clean too, apart from the From field being false.

As such, SA is finding very little to complain about, and is even lowering the
scoring
because the bayes filtering deems it to be good.

Any thoughts on what I can do about these messages? Even with bayes turned off,
they
would still fail to score more than say 2 or 3. Each message contains a
different
paragraph of random text, so it's not possible to pick out keywords; and the
messages
are coming from dialup machines, so blocking IP isn't going to be very
effective.

Many thanks,
Peter Smith