I'm having problems filtering a list I'm on (lkml).

First I had it on normal filter -- but I had too many false
positives.  Finally switched it to a white-list, but now, many
true negatives (spam) get through.

Is there a way to "light-grey" a list -- not a blanket accept
all, white-list, but something that temporarily moves the
spam-"high-water" mark for that specific email: i.e. instead of
it taking "X" points to be marked as SPAM, it adds 5-points to
the threshhold needed to mark the message as spam?

I heard that the list owners attempted to tighten the filters and
had the same problem -- too many "ham" emails got trapped.  Perhaps
it is all the code that gets published to that list?  Dunno, but
something seems in common with SPAM and, maybe, code (or at least
the normal linux-kernel-mailing-list "post") that is making it a hard
list to "police" ("clean") up.

Anyone else have stubborn lists like this or had successes in filtering
lkml?  I even split off "code-ish" looking posts to a separate folder,
but that still didn't stop the false negatives, so not quite sure
what makes such a list uniquely difficult to filter.

Not the worse problem -- at least it's confined to that folder,
but the various spams that are present make it a bit challenging to
read -- right in the middle of the tech stuff...just on the first
page of titles (conversations hidden under titles), 2/10 titles are
sex related spams.  It's a bit annoying to read through (sigh).

Now why would sex-spammers target lkml-readers.  Do they think
lkml-readers are uniquely more likely to respond to sex-spam?
(Maybe, given the fascination of the average "/." reader and
their amusement with "pr0n", there could be some basis to the
spammer's methods...?)...

thanks,
-linda