When I build SpamAssassin using the CPAN method, it installs the test files (20_anti_ratware.cf and similar) in /usr/share/spamassassin.

However, sa-update shoves updates into /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001005/updates_spamassassin_org (with extra crap in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001005/ )

I suspect that one or the other behavior is actually wrong. Either the CPAN method has a bad configuration script, or the sa-update has never been matched to the configure script.

Either way, can anyone give me a suggestion on the best way to deal with this issue? (Besides the fact that the CPAN should probably use the same default site rules directory as sa-update?)

Bookworm