Diffenderfer, Randy wrote:
Well, if it is, they think it is fixed... :-)

I'm not sure why Duncan originally marked the bug as a dupe of 4370, but I closed bug 4476 since (i) I couldn't reproduce it on my system after reporting it and (ii) no-one else had reported having problems. A lot of spamd fixes went in around that time, we assumed it to be fixed.

But, I agree with the "looks like" part!  As far as their strace request
goes -- right.  This is a loaded system; strace wouldn't be feasible
really, as I can't reproduce this at will.  It has happened twice in
about 4 days though.  That is pain enough.

Well, if you can't help debug it, and no-one else apparently can you're left with two workable choices that I can see:

- switch to using round-robin... if your system is so busy you're probably better off that way anyway; or

- use my check_spamd script (found in contrib/ in 3.1.6+ tarballs) to monitor spamd and restart it when necessary (script in some kill -9 to clobber it when it fails to stop)

Daryl