> > Well - if they get it wrong and won't fix it and they are causing my
> > good emails to bounce for 2500 domains, what am I supposed to do?
> Well, Do they in fact "have it wrong"? If their listing criteria
> considers sender verification to be "mail abuse", well, you fit their
> listing criteria. I don't agree with it, and I doubt many here do, but
> that is apparently their policy.

I'm not that confident with people that wakes up in a morning and decides that
a technic is wrong irregardless of the "good uses" it may have. Also, some of
the assertions in the UCEPROTECT's site may be regarded as being even false or
misleading, like the one saing that theirs "is the only effective method to
block spam".

It is misleading: they may easily stop a lot of good senders in the way to
block spam. And it is false: to my knowledge, the most effective method to
block spam is shurely to shut the mail server down...

That said, Marc, if some technically unskilled customer bought their services
and you need to have your mail accepted by its servers, the fastest way I see
is to adjust to UCEPROTECT's rules. Then, eventually, you may try to convince
your peer that UCEPROTECT's services are based on insane policies.

Why don't you dismiss sender verification and move toward greylisting? I think
it could be effective as much as sender verification is.

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4
I-53044 Chiusi (SI) - Italy
Ph: +39-0578-21100