> Yes, I know.  I'm actually one of the supertechs you refer to.  Er, at
> least top of the food chain in that regard :-)
>
> Law enforcement in Santa Clara is excellent, but they have to focus on
> the big fish.  This is small stuff to them.  It's also just small enough
> to fall under the radar of most providers, which argues to me that this
> guy is fairly clueful.  (guy because so far I've never met a woman who
> dealt with their emotional drama in such stupid ways)

Snip

> You pretty much nailed it.  The target is a DSL customer, so sending
> 100mb/sec is isn't enough to raise the eyebrows of any modern service
> provider, but the DSL switch receiving that flood gets fairly unhappy
> and the target is completely offline.
>
> --
> Jo Rhett
> Network/Software Engineer
> Net Consonance

Jo

I kinda figured you were a supertech, so as you know document, document,
document and you will eventually get the idiot...

....when I started doing this in the early 1990's we used to call the USWest
Interprise techs in Minnesota supertechs.

I made some friends there as we turned up a lot of frame relay and such...

So, as you know they can put flags in the switches to watch for those
traffic signs and alert log it and flag someone and they can get their Telco
Cops on it... they wear a badge and can carry a gun too.

It is a federal crime as I understand it, some of them wires cross state
boundaries etc.

:-)

Best wishes

 - rh