Matt wrote:
We tried that and had problems with some clients (the business client
not the mail client). Seems a lot of Exchange servers will try the
lowest priority MX for some reason, and then never try the highest, just
fail.

With the current setup a valid message will eventually get through.

DAve

Isn't that how it is suppose to work?  Try the lowest first?

MX 10 and MX 20 are my mailgateways, the lowest MX or the highest priority MX. And MX 30 is my highest MX or my lowest priority MX, and the server that gets the Spam and the Exchange connections.

MX 10, often refered to as lowest MX, or highest priority MX.
MX 500, often refered to as highest MX, or lowest priority MX.
Oh, and lets not forget 'distance', I was once flamed for not knowing it should be called 'distance'.

I have been chided/flamed/called ignorant on different maillists for using one or the other to refer to an MX. Now I just mix and match so as to confuse everyone ;^)

DAve

Veterans?