Tim Litwiller wrote:
I've never changed anything in local.cf when using RDJ - what did you have to change?

Jo Rhett wrote:
Hm. I'm surprised on no answers. Can I persist? This topic is of real interest to me...

Jo Rhett wrote:
Okay, there's no docs on this so I wanted to ask if someone has any insights different than what I have observed.

SA-Update seems to require less configuration changes. In short, all I did was make a file with a list of rulefiles that SA-Update should check, and everything worked without any other changes.

RDJ required lots of local.cf changes for no obvious gain that I could see. This is why I chose sa-update.

RDJ does do the job of restarting the daemon for you, but it needed to be hacked if you were using amavisd.

Is there any difference here that I'm overlooking? Any advantage to RDJ?

And leading to my next point, given that sa-update is working fine -- isn't rdj going to be slimmed down to just the part that restarts the process after running sa-update?

Why not?
I use RDJ myself, and also did not add anything to my local.cf to make it work. I adjusted some scores, but that was all.