R Lists06 wrote:
Nothing personal, yet that is some messed up reverse dns delegation.

Perhaps, but RIPE, for instance, calls RFC2317, which proposed this method, a "Best Current Practices" RFC: http://www.ripe.net/rs/reverse/infosources.html

I also skimmed the list of complaints about this procedure at
http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/avoid-rfc-2317-delegation.html,
but he mostly argues that RFC2317 delegation makes life more difficult for people maintaining servers running Microsoft DNS or Dan Bernstein's djbdns. He'd prefer a scheme where the upstream provider aliases every single address, not subnet blocks.

When Microsoft or djbdns become the dominant name servers on the Internet, perhaps we'll all need to change. Until then, the millions of us running BIND will probably stick with RFC2317 delegation.