Based on how far their mailing lists go back, Razor and DCC have been
around since the 2000/2001 time period, and as far as I can tell were
independent projects.

In fact, they're based on different goals/models, which is why it's
useful to use both of them.  Razor is interested in specifically
identifying spam, so it provides a way to both report and revoke
emails (technically hashes of emails).  DCC determines how bulky or
massive a bulk or mass mail is, not how spammy it is, which is why
whitelisting is so important in DCC (

Perhaps you were thinking of Pyzor, which did come about because of
Razor's semi-closed source nature?

(and yes, I know all about top-posting being a no-no, but there was no
obvious place to jump in to the following thread, and yet it seemed
important for context)