Ben Wylie wrote:
Obviously there are many different DNS block lists and some of these are specifically for blocking compromised computers used as drones to send spam. However I have experienced a massive attack on my server by some bot network, trying to send spam through my server, and i would like to be able to download a list of ip addresses or ranges of ip addresses to plug into a firewall to block all of this traffic automatically.

Is there such a list, or is this kind of service only available from DNS block lists?

Spamhaus has the DROP (Don't Route Or Peer) list which is specifically intended for use on routers and firewalls. It is fairly small though so it may not help in your situation.

http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/