You may want to download new RelayChecker.pm file... you may have messed it up previously..

If you still have problems let me know..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dylan Bouterse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:39 PM
Subject: RE: Relay Checker Plugin (code review please?)

-----Original Message-----
From: John D. Hardin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:05 PM
To: Dylan Bouterse
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Dylan Bouterse wrote:

> # header        RELAY_CHECKER   eval:relay_checker()
> # describe      RELAY_CHECKER   Check relay for DNS/Hostname issues.
> to:
>        if ($nordns) {
>
> and when I run --lint I get the following errors:
>
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/RelayChecker.pm line 44, near "27 @@

...how exactly did you apply the patch? From the contents of that
error message it looks like you just inserted the patch text into the
source file...

Take a look at "man patch".

(Sorry if you did do that, but that error message is really suggestive
of improper procedure.)

I have never used the patch command and was not aware of it. Thank you
for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to patch my
RelayChecker.cf file using the patch command and the provided patch for
that file but I am getting errors when trying to patch the
RelayChecker.pm file.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spamassassin]# patch -i RelayChecker.pm.patch
RelayChecker.pm
missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
patching file RelayChecker.pm
Hunk #3 succeeded at 102 with fuzz 1.
missing header for unified diff at line 77 of patch
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|       if (! defined($name)) {
|          # the PTR record leads to a host that doesn't resolve in DNS
|          Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::dbg("RelayChecker: badrdns");
|-         $badrdns = 1;
|+         $badrdns = $badrdns_score;
|          }
|       else {
|          Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::dbg("RelayChecker: name is
$name"); @@ -96,7 +123,7 @@
|             # the hostname in the PTR record does resolve, but that
hostname
|             # doesn't have $ip as one of its IP addresses
|             Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::dbg("RelayChecker: baddns");
|-            $baddns = 1;
|+            $baddns = $baddns_score;
|             }
|          else {
|             ($a, $b, $c, $d) = split(/\./, $ip); # decimal octets @@
-124,7 +151,7 @@
|                # in hex or decimal form ... or the entire thing in
decimal
|                # probably a spambot since this is an untrusted relay
|                Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::dbg("RelayChecker:
ipinhostname");
|-               $ipinhostname = 1;
|+               $ipinhostname = $ipinhostname_score;
|                }
|             if ($hostname =~

/(cable|catv|client|ddns|dhcp|dial-?up|dip|dsl|dynamic|ppp)\S*\.\S+\.\S+
$/